Wien - Vienna
The restaurant Drei Husaren, Vienna During the war, the Drei Husaren was owned by the Horcher family of restaurateurs from Berlin
The Hotel Kaiserin Elizabeth, Vienna.
The Hotel Astoria, Vienna
One of Vienna's Flakturm [Flak Tower]. After the Soviets left Austria, it was used as a Cold War bunker and command post.
Florisdorfer Bridge looking into the City
A view over Vienna from the Kahlenburg.
The Hotel Bristol. Herman Göring and his entourage would occupy the Hotel Bristol during official visits to Vienna.
The Hotel Imperial, Vienna. Adolf Hitler used to stay here when in Vienna. Benito Mussolini stayed here with Otto Skorzeny after he had been rescued from the Gran Sasso.
A Mercedes-Benz 600 graces the entrance to the Hotel Imperial.
License plate W898.
Vienna Zentral Friedhof
The rear face of the curtain wall of the entrance to the Zentralfriedhof. This is damage from shell fragments thrown by Soviet artillery.
Vienna: Hotel Metropol, which was used as Gestapo HQ
+ SEE ALSO
+ Otto Skorzeny
+ The Third Man (1949)
+ Scorpio (1973)
+ The Danube Road
- The Third Man by Dr Timmerman www.thethirdman.net - In German and English. The primary reference work on the subject.
- Commanding the Red Army's Sherman Tanks by Dimitri Loza
- Journey to Vienna by Mrs Robert Henry 1946
- In Search of the Third Man by Charles Drazin published by Methuen 1999 ISBN 0-413-73930-9
- Drama Between Budapest and Vienna by Georg Maier published by JJ Fedorowicz www.jjfpub.mb.ca 2004
= I use and recommend www.X10hosting.com free webhosting =
- At Picasa - At Twitter - At Tumblr - At pinterest.com - At Gigapan - Blog -At Facebook -
© Copyright by the Authors, Meyer Verlag. All rights reserved. ©
Typeset in Berthold Akzidenz Grotesk BE font